8/28/08

Ann's Banana Bread





Ann is my friend from Spokane, and Grant's friend growing up. Her Dad was Grant's Bishop when he was young. We were surprised when we moved to Spokane to find Ann and her husband Chris living in our neighborhood. We had some fun times in Spokane, and loved sharing recipes. Ann would tell me about her mother and what a great cook she was. I remember when Ann confessed to me that she didn't think she had eaten a canned vegetable her whole life...until she got married. I thought- It's all down hill from here Ann!
This is my favorite recipe for Banana Bread. The buttermilk makes it SO moist.


Ann's Banana Bread

½ cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 2 medium size loaf pans. Cream the butter and sugar, add eggs, beat well. Mash banana, add to the butter/sugar egg mixture. Beat in buttermilk. Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl, and pour all at once into the wet mixture. Mix just until wet and dry ingredients are incorporated. Don’t over mix.

Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.

If you like "Hawaiian" Banana Bread, substitute 1/2 cup drained, crushed pineapple and use 2 bananas.

6 comments:

  1. I love banana bread. I am also looking for a good banana bread recipe. I am sure going to try your recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. banana bread's my all time favorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. made this today and it was so scrumptious:) we didn't have buttermilk so my husband used half and half with a little lemon juice, and it was delish! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. made this today and it was delish! so moist and yummy. we didn't have buttermilk, so we subbed half and half with a little lemon juice. Thanks for another keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a recipe follower, the instructions don't say to add the eggs. So I didn't. :( Didn't notice until it was already baked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost did the same thing Erica did. The directions don't mention the adding of vanilla or the eggs. :/

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...