9/14/08

Peanutbutter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies






Remember all of that nonsense about peanut butter and chocolate?? I went on and on about how much I love those two together? Well, the other day I was talking to my dear friend Vickie, and she told me about this kid favorite. We met (what seems like) 100 years ago in St. George, Utah. We were both living in the College Park apartments, and going to school at Dixie College. I was there when she gave birth to her oldest, Ryan. Vickie was a single mom, almost divorced - so her mom, sisters and I camped out at the hospital to give support. We still laugh about ordering pizza and eating Peanut M&M's while waiting for Ryan to make his grand entrance into the world! Vickie has watched more games and cooked more team dinners than anyone I know. She watches her kids games, her ex's kids games, her neighbors kids games, my kids games...you get the picture. I tried these out for a tailgate party last night... I think they will now be on my fam's fav list. If you are a peanut butter cup fan, put these on your list of treats to try.


Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies

Basic chocolate chip cookie recipe:

1 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 1/2 cups flour

2 cups chocolate chips, I used semi sweet

2 packages Reese's Mini peanut butter cups*, wrapper removed, (duh)

*you will need about 1 1/2 packages of pb cups per one recipe of cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan . I have two, and the cookie recipe fills two pans exactly. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl. Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. With wooden spoon, or spatula, add dry ingredients and chocolate chips all at once. Mix just until flour is incorporated with butter mixture. Drop by spoonfuls into muffin tins. Bake for 8-9 minutes just until set. After removing pan from oven, press a mini peanut butter cup into the middle of the cookie. Let cool completely.
Yields 48 cookies.
Rollo's are also good in place of the Reese's.

1 comment:

  1. Jo Anne made these and brought some over to us. Yum, yum, yum! I could have eaten 100!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...