11/19/08

Fresh Cranberry Sauce





Cranberry Sauce - two ways...


























Cranberry sauce. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of it?? Congealed stuff, giggling when you force it out of the can in one long, thick clump. The ridges of the can indented in its sides. ICK. I know it seems like I say everything is easy. At least that's what my friends tell me. But seriously, this is easy. Even some of my non cooking friends could make this. If you want to contribute to Thanksgiving dinner this year, but just can't bring yourself to actually make anything on your own...call up your hostess and volunteer to make the sauce. If you have a pot, some sugar,and fresh berries- you can do this. Trust me. It takes, maybe 15 minutes start to finish, and you can make it this weekend, and store it until the BIG DAY. And no, I don't mean Saturday (when the UTES 11-0, are playing byu 10-1) .


Fresh Cranberry Sauce
A Bountiful Kitchen
print recipe

1 bag fresh cranberries, wash and remove any shriveled berries
3/4 to 1 cup sugar- depending on how sweet or tart you like your sauce
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water

Bring o.j. water and sugar to boil in a large sauce pan. Add cranberries, cook until berries begin to pop- when the skins burst. Lower heat and cook until sauce begins to thicken a bit, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. When cooled, spoon into a bowl, or mason jar, and store in refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously the best recipe I make. And I even like the giggling stuff out of a can.
    I do use fresh, shredded orange peel in the finished product. It adds a bit of texture that's pretty appealing. No pun intended...
    Just stir a Tbl. or more in after you finish cooking. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this sauce for the first time and it is SUPER YUMMY! is it best to serve it warm or cold?

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...