12/17/08

Kimberly's Famous Eggnog

yummy

icky




I still remember the first time I tasted homemade eggnog. It was in Portland in the mid 80's. I remember thinking- "This is eggnog???" Then, what was that liquid yuck my parents served me while I was growing up?? Back to the party-This REAL DEAL eggnog was served out of a HUGE silver punch bowl, with beautiful silver cups. There were mounds of cream floating on top. I just parked myself close to the eggnog bowl, and consumed in the neighborhood of 4,000 grams of fat in an evening. It was about 10 years before I had some of this delicious drink again. Enter Kim. My wonderful friend Kim. One year Kim showed up at my house with a jar of her home made nog. Oh my. It was like falling in love all over again.

Kimberly's Famous Eggnog
printable recipe

2 eggs well beaten
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
1 quart whole milk
1 cup heavy cream, whipped

Combine first four ingredients. Mix or beat in blender until mixed well. Gradually stir in milk. Fold in cream. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and chill for 2-6 hours. Stir before serving.
Serves 8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel...