8/12/09

Mary Mac's Chunky Guacamole





I love guacamole.
Grant always likes to say we are still in love, HA. I tell him, no I love you and you love me, but we are not still "in love". He always disagrees.
I DO believe I am "in love" with guacamole. I plan vacations around guac. Three times in the past six years, we have gone with our kids and Grant's extended family to Mexico. For the guacamole. Well, not really, but we do love the guac and chips. We make entire meals out of salsa, guac and chips. For 7 days, we eat guac and chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And two or three snacks in between. At home, I always mash up the avocados, throw in a little garlic salt, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper and call it good. Once in a while I add a chopped tomato to make it go farther. Last month my friend Mary made some for me. All I can say is YUM. Get out of the way. I wanted the whole bowl- for me. We ate this for dinner one night. And for a pre-breakfast appetizer the next morning. I love the whole chunky thing. Why didn't I ever think to leave it all chunky before? I love chunky. And the cilantro and lime. And the onions and tomato. Summer is the perfect time to make this when all of the ingredients are FRESH. I am in love with chunky guacamole. Don't tell Grant, but I think I am still in love with him too.



Mary Mac's Chunky Guac

2-3 avocados, not too ripe-peeled, pitted and chunked
1/2- 1 cup chopped red onion
1 large fresh tomato, chunked
1/3-1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1-2 limes, juiced
1 clove fresh garlic, chopped (optional)
Kosher salt to taste
fresh ground pepper

Place the chopped avocados in a bowl. Slightly mash a few of the avocado pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix together and serve immediately with tortilla chips.

2 comments:

  1. I was there too. I ate. I loved. I died and went to heaven. OK. I am now back on earth. But I do love Mary Mac's guac. I love Mary Mac. And for that matter, I love Sayuri (and Grant), and Leanna the Fox.

    And if you love this recipe, and you love these girls, then you (Sayuri) will make up a new recipe to commemorate your (can it be true) 30 year reunion bash. (Oh, and I will be waiting for a shoebox full of Amazing Oatmeal Raisin cookies to arrive in the mail next week. (Jon will love you and me for it!)

    You are the very best, my friend. I love you.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...