3/11/10

Sara's Southwest Soup







Last week, we had this:







So I made this:

Easy, easy, easy.
Quick.
Yummy.
What more could you ask for???




Well, maybe -
In a perfect world, this:








Sara's Southwest Soup
print recipe

1 package chicken tenders or two whole chicken breasts
2 large (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
1 small package frozen sweet white corn
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice and pulp of 1 lime
¼-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Dash of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
½ to 1 teaspoon cumin

Cook chicken in oven or crock-pot until done with garlic and red pepper flakes.
Add rest of ingredients to large pan simmer until hot. Serve with dollop of sour cream, grated cheese and tortilla chips.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound delicious! I am so done with all of this snow. I'm tired of freezing all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this but used regular canned tomatoes since I was out of crushed. It was OK but I think the richer flavor of the crushed tomatoes would make it better. I liked how fast and simple it was to make. It was great with cheddar jalapeno cornbread!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...