1/10/11

Barefoot Contessa Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil







The Recovery Room. That's what our family room has been for the past 6 days. Started with Brooke's sinus surgery. Two days later, Stephen had his tonsils removed. Ouch. Lots of time together on the twin sofas. Loads of cold drinks, soft food, Kleenex, ice cream, movies, straws, visitors, Slurpees, Concretes and Rainbows (Btown treats). 
Now that I'm a pretend nurse, and a teacher (did I tell you Jake has been homeschooling since mid November??) cooking time is a bit more limited. Found this recipe in House Beautiful magazine and knew I would love it. Why?  It made the cut for ABK's "Seriously Simple" category. It takes about 10-15 minutes, pan to table. And it's absolutely delicious. 
Made this last night, for the second time in a week. 
New favorite dish: this is it. 





See this tool? It's called a microplane grater.
If you don't have one, you need one. Now.














Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil
adapted from Ina Garten
print recipe

13 comments:

  1. Que rico se ve esto, me lo anoto.

    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I have got to try this!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my this looks delish! I have a problem with carbs though, I can eat them endlessly for some reason and not feel full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are gorgeous! And this has to be one of my favorite flavor combos - tomatoes and basil. I could eat it all day long! (maybe I shouldn't make it, then? If I'm gonna eat it all day long...?).

    Visiting from Tasty Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good...thanks for sharing all your favorites with us! I'm going to share one of mine with you when I get home from San Francisco this evening! Read the article about Tartine bread in the January issue of Martha Stewart, and open your door tonight! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cappellini. So easy. However, give me the Rainbows and concrete any day. The only thing I like better than a rainbow is the old real sugar laden Astro Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everyone is well, I want that grater! NEED NEED, this recipe looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like my kind of recipe - I could eat pasta every day and anyone that include fresh basil is good by me! Hope everyone is on the mend @ your house. Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love basil and tomatoes this look awesome and tasty! x gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really is a lovely recipe. I hope your crew is better soon. I'm relatively new to your blog and don't comment often, but I wanted you to know how much I like the food and recipes you feature here. Your photos are also great. I hope you have a good day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recipe! My girls and I love fast easy pasta dishes since my divorce. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this looks delicious! And such a pretty dish to photograph as well. Perfect, just like your site! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made this tonight... completely simple and divine! Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...