10/7/11

Coconut Pumpkin Bread





Last Saturday it was 90 degrees. Today it SNOWED  at my house. Lightly, but it did snow. I took a drive up to Park City this morning. And it was an all-out blizzard up there. Snow in the first week of October? This calls for baking.
I've made several loaves of coconut pumpkin bread in the past week. A few for a teacher luncheon and a few for our open house at South Fork. I love it because it's a little change from the usual pumpkin bread varieties of either chocolate chips or raisins. It was a big hit at the open house. I know you're going to love it too!

**Remember to enter our KITCHENAID Stand Mixer Giveaway! Click here to enter!





Coconut Pumpkin Bread
Tessa Reinemer

1 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
5 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) if not using nuts, add ¼ cup flour to recipe
2  -3.4 oz packages of instant coconut cream pudding  (dry)
Coconut for sprinkling on top, if desired

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and set oven racks on bottom third of oven.
Line and grease 2 loaf pans.
Beat eggs and oil together in large mixing bowl. Add pumpkin. Mix well.
Add all dry ingredients; mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
Pour ingredients into prepared loaf pans.
Sprinkle tops of leaves with coconut, press in slightly.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  
Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove to rack and let cool completely.

Tips:
-You may add 1/4 cup of coconut to batter if desired. 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice combination..to put coconut in pumpkin bread..which looks so moist:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird weather in Utah. Love the combo of the pumpkin and coconut. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird weather in Utah. Love the combo of the pumpkin and coconut. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of adding coconut to pumpkin bread. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry but when I make this, I'm adding chocolate chips :) We do stuff like that in SoCal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha-YUM!!! Gimme gimme gimme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coconut and pumpkin may not have the right ring to it but judging from the recipe and the photos you posted, I think they're a match made in heaven. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks scrumptious and the pictures are beautiful as always! I think I need a slice of it in my left hand and a big glass of milk in my right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah Si this was amazing!!! me and my family loved it! (: me and my mom wanna come try out one of your cooking classes soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...