10/14/11

Pumpkin Butter




Hope you have a great weekend. We are looking forward to upper 70's here in B-town!
Here's a super simple recipe for Pumpkin Butter. It was passed on to me from my dear friend, Laurie. We served this at the open house last week at South Fork. People couldn't get enough of it!  Wouldn't this be a great little gift for a friend spooned into a jar and tied with a ribbon? 

I almost forgot! If you are close to Holladay, Utah and want to go to an amazing boutique filled with the best of Utah's handcrafted gift and decorative items, check out this art show: 

















Pumpkin Butter 
print recipe

1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Mix 1 cup canned pumpkin, ½ cup sugar, and 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice in saucepan.
Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
Chill before serving.
Good as a dip for apples or a spread on waffles, pancakes, crackers, or baguette slices.

7 comments:

  1. Will make asap":)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious. I will be buying a bunch of Sugar Pumpkins this year, I may try this with them. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin butter. Wish I could bottle this but I have read that it's an absolute NO_NO. I can imagine the this was a huge hit at the open house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of that pumpkin butter - it really screams Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried pumpkin butter, but I think you're right - a jar of this would make a lovely gift for a friend.
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...