9/5/12

Mango-Peach Tango





Hooray, our plums are finally ripe!  I found this recipe in the August Southern Living Magazine and thought it would be a perfect way to use up some of our fruit. We served it with Honey Lime Enchiladas.
Everyone at dinner agreed- it's a keeper.




Mango-Peach Tango
Southern Living Magazine, August 2012
print recipe

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeƱo pepper
2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
3 large peaches, peeled and chopped
3 cups chopped plums
1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.
Add mangoes and next 4 ingredients, tossing to coat.
Cover and chill 2 to 6 hours.

Tips:
-I made this immediately before serving, chilling for 2-6 hours is not necessary, but allows flavors to blend.
-You may slice or chop the fruit, I preferred it chopped.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delciious Si. I can't wait to try it. I think it would be good with fish or chicken or pork. Or maybe with some tortilla chips......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to be your newest follower! New to your lovely blog and I am totally obsessed! Thank you for sharing! I will be checking in again real soon :). It was very nice to meet you!
    Have a fantastic weekend.
    xox
    Ash@ABpetite
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. It reminds me of a Peach Salsa I made with some ingredients from Borski Farms. I wrote about it here, http://hometownslop.blogspot.com/2011/10/peach-salsa.html

    Thanks for sharing your delicious food with us.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...