10/17/12

Orange Pumpkin Bread







Do you consider October/Fall/Halloween to be part of "The Holidays"?
I do. Maybe it's because it's the start of ImgoingtohunkerdowninmykitchenbakeupastormandeateverythingIbake season?
Since we are on a pumpkin kick (this week), I thought I'd dig up this recipe and post a few new pics. It's my all time favorite recipe for Pumpkin Bread. The o.j.  in the batter makes it extra moist.
Made some last week.
Warning: Freeze or giveaway the extra loaves.
Or else.






























Orange Pumpkin Bread
A Bountiful Kitchen
print recipe


2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin, canned
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon orange juice frozen concentrate, softened
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt

optional ingredients:
½ cup nuts
½ cup golden raisins and ½ cup Craisins or dried cherries
1 cup chocolate chips
tossed with 2 tablespoons flour, to prevent sinking to bottom of pan

Beat eggs and sugar together, mix in oil. Add pumpkin, water and orange juice concentrate. Combine all dry ingredients in bowl. Blend wet and dry ingredients together. Add any optional ingredients.
Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pans. I line the bottom of pans with wax or parchment paper.  Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until done.
Makes 2-3 medium loaves.


3 comments:

  1. My fave! I make the same (very similar) recipe minus the chocolate. I love the orange juice concentrate- makes the bread moist and so flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have used raisins in the photos? I love the idea of Oj in pumpkin bread. I've never had one with that and I'm going to try this. It looks beautiful. I think I'd better throw the extra loaves in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Bonnie, they look like raisins, but they are chic chips. hope you love it too!

      Delete

Tell us how you really feel...