2/1/13

Baked Jalapeño Dip




What goes best with the Superbowl? Not beer. FOOD!
Your favorite Neanderthal will love this Baked Jalapeño Dip.
Trust me.
I have loads of experience in this area.




Baked Jalapeno Dip
adapted from Simply Gourmet
print recipe

2  8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened, 16 oz total
1 cup of mayonnaise, regular or low fat
3-6 jalapenos, chopped, seeds removed
1 cup of cheddar cheese grated, sharp is best
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup diced green onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
few dashes of hot sauce

Topping:
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir until combined.
Lightly grease a 9x13 or other similar size bake-proof dish. Place ingredients in the prepared dish. Place   parmesan cheese and additional 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake at 350 uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until bubbly. 
Serve with sturdy chips (such as tortilla chips), crackers, or our favorite, sliced pita bread. 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like PERFECT Super Bowl food. I love spicy and I love cream cheese- this was made for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two favorite dips right here in a row. Not talking about people either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha you crack me up, and this looks delicious! I suppose I ought to follow!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...