9/3/08

Sugar Tarts with Fresh Peach Filling



What do you do when your neighbors are so, so generous and feel sorry for you because you have a batting cage instead of a garden?? This is what they shared with me today...







I made this yummy fresh peach tart and Spaghetti Margherita. This tart recipe actually made one tart pan, and about 6 custard cups. Oh-Make sure you have some ice cream or whipping cream in the fridge. You'll NEED it.

Sugar Tarts with Fresh Peach Filling

Sugar Tart Shells:

1 cup sugar
½ cup shortening
½ cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream sugar with shortening and butter until fluffy. Add egg and almond extract. Mix in flour until dough forms. Do not over mix. Add additional flour until dough is no longer sticky. Spray tart pans with vegetable spray. Press dough into pans. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. Cool before filling. Yield 25 small tart shells or 2-9" tart pans .

Fresh Peach Filling:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and mashed
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups fresh peaches - pitted, skinned, and sliced

Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, butter or margarine, mashed peaches, and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until clear and thick. Stir in vanilla. Cool. Mix the rest of the sliced peaches with the glaze. Fill shells with peaches and glaze. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Yield: 1- 9" tart pan and 6 custard cups.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had a neighbor who brought me peaches. My tree got taken out years ago so that a new fence could go in. Once again it is not Bryan leaving this message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you, these are NUMMY. (such a girl word, huh Si?) Si brought me these the day she made them. SO GOOD. ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tart ... I happen to have some peaches that I need to use up and I see myself making these today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this out and it turned out great, we loved it. Thanks for sharing!

    http://myhobbielobbie.blogspot.com/2011/06/when-life-gives-you-peaches.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...