9/22/11

Cafe Rio Style Creamy Tomatillo Salad Dressing



What's a Cafe Rio salad without the dressing?  While other copycat recipes use Ranch packets, this recipe is all home made. Tomatillos are found in the refrigerated section of your produce department. You're going to love this.
Promise.


Cafe Rio Style Creamy Tomatillo Salad Dressing
A Bountiful Kitchen
print recipe

2 cups mayonnaise (not light)
2 cups sour cream
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, washed, stems removed
3 tomatillos, quartered (remove outer paper-like skin)
2 stems green onion, green parts
1 garlic clove
1 jalapeno, seeded
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
salt to taste, about 1 teaspoon

Place all ingredients in a blender or use a hand immersion blender and blend until smooth.
Store in refrigerator.
Yield, about 20 servings.
Keeps in fridge for about 10 days. 

6 comments:

  1. Amacing dressing.Penning down..my salad time(spring first than long summer is at the door)is coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I've tried many different recipes for this dressing and they all tasted too much like ranch so I am excited to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eden, I think you will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. Blonde question. When you say jalapeno, seeded, does that mean de-seeded? Or to leave the seeds ... I'm assuming I need to get rid of them or this will be SPICY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke- yes that means de-seeded. and remember, asking questions and experimenting will only make you a better cook! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to live in Las Vegas and there was a Cafe Rio down the street.. this is my most favorite dressing, I put it on everything!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us how you really feel...